TV Cabinet/Bar and Mini Coffee Cabinet

I am in the process of redoing my dining room. It's that neglected room that was awkwardly shaped and full of hand me downs. Don't get me wrong, hand me downs aren't bad! I just haven't had time to... "pinterest" them. So I've been scouring antique stores and goodwill for a TV stand/console to make a bar out of.

I saw a link on pinterest on how to do it, and it seemed so easy. Well, I could never find the one I envisioned, until....craigslist. Yes, it is a little creepy, but hey sometime you gotta do what you gotta do. There was a beautiful TV stand in perfect condition for $100. So I picked it up (with some difficulty shoving it into my parent's van).


The doors close and it looks great. All I needed to do to make it a bar was: add new plyboard to the back and screw in wine holders.
 The flexiboard comes in a sheet I had them cut to size at Lowe's for $8.00

These wine holders were $3.00 a piece at Lowe's as well.
                                       

The only tools we needed were a drill and some screws. We used a screw driver to remove the first backboard and TADA!

 
Now you can do fun backing like tile or glass, but I didn't feel like ours needed it. So, we added in our barware and its an organized and useful addition to the dining room.

OH! Because we freed up the space for the barware, I made a mini coffee cabinet in our kitchen. I also saw this on pinterest.



My spring break is coming soon, so my next project is a DIY barn table. Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts