Dear Justin

I decided to write a letter to my husband, and post it publicly. Some may say, this should be something private, not public, but I disagree.

As a teacher, when you see a student who constantly is doing good work and working hard with little to no encouragement, you want to reward them. How? Publicly display their hard work for everyone to see: for others to take example from, for other to recognize, for other to understand and appreciate.

Justin deserves public recognition. He has been awesome throughout this pregnancy, and he deserves praise.

Ok, so if you know me, you know I'm not the mushiest of people. If you're a strong person in my life, I don't feel that I need to reassure you that you are strong, because you don't need it. (At least that's what I think.) But sometimes, it's nice for a non-mushy person, to be mushy every once in a while.\

Justin, this is as mushy as you are going to get.
 


Dear Justin.

First, let's start by saying, yes you did shut the garage door today. Second, I wanted to write you this letter, because let's be real if I said this out loud.. it would just be weird for both of us. We would end up making some sort of joke about it and then say something sarcastic, and I'll probably do that anyways. But, thank you. Thank you for being amazing during this pregnancy.

I don't really complain (which you like about me) so everyone would assume I am having an easy pregnancy and I am. As much as medically it has been easy, there is another part that is key to my current state of happiness and ease, and that's you.

I read those pregnancy blogs, and let's be real. Some men are dicks. Some ladies are crazy too, but I am thankful you aren't a dick. (I mean sometimes you really ARE, but not deep down!) I haven't worried about anything during this pregnancy. You caused no drama. You are always helpful. You are always supportive, and you give.me.space.

I'm an independent person, and I really don't like to be taken care of. This whole pregnancy thing was new to me, and I didn't really know how to take it. So when I didn't want to talk about how I felt and looked disgusting, you let me be. When I was worried, but didn't want to talk, you let me be. But leaving me be was only part of it. What you also did was tell me that I looked pretty. You told me all the time that I really do look good. You complimented me on my outfits and my hair whenever you could. I never thanked you. I probably said, "Oh my God, I look disgusting" or "Whatever".

I'm really not an insecure person, but I am a female. Growing into a new body isn't easy. I know the looks on people's faces when they lie to you or when they avoid the topic of how you look because your pregnant. You sir, have no poker face. I can always tell when you are lying. Yet, probably the nicest thing you've done, is when you tell me I look pretty and I can tell that you aren't lying. It might seem shallow to other people, but I don't ask for a lot of encouragement, and sometimes I don't ask for it when I need it, but you have been giving it to me whether I ask for it or not. Thank you.
 

Let's also talk about how awesome you are as a person, provider, and future father. I couldn't have picked a guy who is more excited about having a kid. You've wanted this since the day I met you. We may have disagreed on how to live our young adult lives, but I KNEW that if I wanted an amazing father for my children, you would be it. I don't have to take care of you. You are a grown ass man, and I love that about you. You go to work and bust your ass, and you are driven to be a success for your family. You don't ask for hand outs. You want something, you make it happen. You are always there for your family regardless of the circumstances. You take on other people's burdens so that you can help them. You are a real man.

You don't complain about baby shopping.  You like to organize his room. You help me if I need it. You let me do some of the things on my own, but you are still involved. You actively participate, without smothering. Thank you.
 
What you display is what a child needs in his life: stability, hard working parents, participation, joy, and real, true, love.

So thank you for making this pregnancy journey so easy. We would both agree that we are the happiest we've ever been together. I know new times are on the horizon, but I wouldn't want anyone else on the journey with me. Now don't let this all go to your head... These last 8 months have been awesome because I am a badass... but so are you.

Love you forever,
Ann

Comments

  1. Ahhh, how nice! Now I want to have a baby with Justin too. Just kidding! I am super excited for both of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts